March 31, 2021 11:00
Global stock market index trends have been relatively uneven in recent weeks. The Nasdaq 100 for example is trading around 7% below its record high around ~$13,906.00 recorded on 16 February.
Conversely, the Dow Jones 30 and DAX 30 have been trading at record highs. And now, the CAC 40 is closing in on its all-time high price level as well.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, CAC40, Monthly – Data range: from Jun 1, 2005, to Mar 30, 2021, performed on Mar 30, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
In the long-term, monthly price chart of the CAC 40 stock market index shown above, it’s clear to see the record high price level around ~€6,177.00, highlighted by the black horizontal line. This record high was recorded on the 1 June 2007.
The current price is only a few percentage points away from breaching this level. So far, investors have been bullish on the CAC 40 index with the daily chart recorded a series of higher high and higher lower cycles, as well as an ascending trend line, as shown below.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, CAC40, Daily – Data range: from Nov 18, 2020, to Mar 30, 2021, performed on Mar 30, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Currently, stocks that are more sensitive to the economic cycle are outperforming the rest. Auto companies, travel, leisure and bank stocks have been outperformers in the past quarter. These are also the stocks that were hit worst during the coronavirus pandemic and have represented good valuations for long-term investors – making it a very interesting time for European stock indices!
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals (formerly Admiral Markets) to the exclusive Supreme Edition! You’ll also receive a whole range of advanced trading tools such as correlation and sentiment indicators!
Start your free download by clicking on the banner below:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.