Dow down the most
The major US stock indices are opening marginally lower as traders digest the US jobs report. A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- Dow -64 points or -0.18% at 35378
- S&P -7.3 points or -0.16% at 4529.76
- NASDAQ -22 points or -0.14% at 15309.49
the snapshot of other markets as US stock trading gets underway:
- Spot gold is up $15.65 or 0.80% at $1824.90.
- Spot silver is up $0.57 or 2.4% at $24.47
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.11 or -0.17% at $69.88
- Bitcoin is trading above 50,000 and $50,785.90
US yields have moved higher after initially falling on the jobs report. The benchmark 10 year yield is trading at 1.321%, up 2.7 basis point. The low yield reach 1.267%.
Looking at the forex market, the AUD is the strongest and the USD has moved to the weakest of the majors.