US final demand PPI for May
- US final demand PPI for May 0.1% versus 0.1% estimate
- US final demand PPI YoY 1.8% versus 2.0% estimate. Last month 2.2%.
- US PPI ex food and energy 0.2% versus 0.2% estimate
- US PPI ex food energy and trade 0.4% versus 0.2% estimate
- US PPI ex food and energy YoY 2.3% versus 2.3%estimate. 2.4% last month
- US PPI ex food energy tradeYoY 2.3% versus 2.2% last month
The PPI rise is at the slowest pace in a year. Slow inflation would give the Fed more room for a cut. They meet on June 19 with expectations for no change in policy. The July meeting is pricing in a 76% chance for a cut. The US CPI the data will be released on Wednesday. The year-over-year core inflation is forecast to remain steady at 2.1%. The headline index is expected to rise by 1.9%