Major indices close up 1.2% or better
The major US indices are closing with provisional gains of 1.2% or better.
The numbers are showing
- The S&P index rose 41.12 points or 1.44% at 2888.71
- The NASDAQ index rose 129.38 points or 1.67% at 7895.99
- The Dow rose 306.62 points or 1.20% at 25886.01.
For the week, despite the solid gains today, the major indices are ending the week with losses (but it could have been worse).
- The S&P index fell -1.03%
- The NASDAQ index fell -0.79%
- The Dow fell -1.53%
Below are the percentage changes (and high/low ranges) for the major US and European markets this day.