Mixed results for the week
The European major indices are ending the week with mixed result today and also ending the week mixed.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, flat
- France’s CAC, -0.5%
- UK’s FTSE 100, up 0.2%
- Spain’s Ibex, unchanged
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -0.45%
For the week,:
- German DAX -0.9%
- France’s CAC, +0.2%
- UK’s FTSE 100, +0.45%
- Spain’s Ibex, +2.3%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -1.0%
How did the indices end the month? The major indices are mostly higher with Italy’s FTSE MIB the one exception.
- German DAX up 0.9%
- France’s CAC, +3.3%
- UK’s FTSE 100, +3.8%
- Spain’s Ibex, +2.7%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -2%
A look at other markets as London/European traders look to exit for the week and month:
- Spot gold is trading down $3.58 or -0.2% of $1768.71
- SPot silver is down -16 censor -0.64% at $25.92
- WTI crude oil futures is down $1.53 or 2.35% at $63.48
- Bitcoin is trading up $3900 or 7.39% of $56,900.
In the US stock market, the major indices remain in the red:
- S&P index -24.6 points or -0.58% of 4186.89
- NASDAQ index -60 points or -0.43% at 14022.20
- Dow -218 points or -0.64% at 33841.90
In the US debt market, yields are marginally lower:
In the European debt market today, the major indices were mostly lower as well:
A snapshot of the forex market, has the USD taking the lead with the sharp rise into the London fix. The NZD and GBP are the weakest of the majors.