BOJ governor Haruhiko Kuroda speaks in Tokyo
- Japan’s domestic economy continues to be robust
- Overseas developments will affect Japan for some time
- But economy remains in moderate expansion
- Momentum towards achieving 2% inflation target is maintained
- Appropriate to continue current policy
In case you missed it, the BOJ left monetary policy unchanged earlier but moved to downgrade its assessment of the country’s outlook on exports, output as well as its take on the global economy.
And there you go, he says that momentum to achieve the 2% inflation target is still being maintained. That pretty much sums up what you need to know.