German DAX, -0.66%. UK’s FTSE, -0.68%
the major European stock indices are ending the day with declines. The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, -0.66%
- France’s CAC, -0.79%
- UK’s FTSE, -0.68%
- Spain’s Ibex, -0.74%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB, -1.06%
- Portugal’s PSI 20, -0.62%
In the European debt market, yields moved sharply higher with the UK 10 year benchmark note leading the way with a rise of 11 basis points.
- Spot gold is higher by $5.60 or 0.37% at $1516.18. It is trading at the highs for the day with the low down at $1510.86
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.17 at $61.54, after failing to hold above the $62 level. The high price for the day reach $62.34
The US stocks are trading lower on the day led by declines in the NASDAQ index
- S&P index -14 points or -0.44% at 3226
- NASDAQ -51.18 points or -0.57% at 8955.82
- Dow -129 points or -0.45% at 28514
US yields are also higher with the yield curve steepening. The 2 – 10 year spread has widened out to 34.28 basis points from 29.4 basis points on Friday.