- The world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, Binance, has temporarily suspended withdrawals for ERC20 tokens. Upbit and Huobi follow suit.
- The issue comes after Infura – an Ethereum infrastructure provider is also experiencing problems. The team announced earlier today that they are experiencing a service outage for their Ethereum Mainnet API.
- In a later update, they’ve revealed that they brought additional capacity online for the affected components and are “continuing to triage the root cause of the outage.”
- In the latest announcement, Infura revealed that they have managed to identify the root cause and are preparing a fix for the issue.
- Binance’s CEO revealed that there was an attempt at a chain split on Ethereum at block 11234873.
- He said that “Etherscan and Blockchair are showing two different chains and data after this block. We’re resolving now but have temporarily closed withdrawals. Funds are SAFU.”
- In any case, all of this happens as Ethereum 2.0 is getting ready for its genesis. There are currently over $23.8 million in ETH locked in the depositor contract, as Vitalik Buterin staked 3,200 ETH himself.
- Since the publication of the article, Etherscan has responded to CZ’s tweet, outlining that this particular issue seems to have been resolved.
From what we can see the issue appears isolated to Blockchair . It appears that they were on a minority fork earlier. Thank you
— Etherscan.io (@etherscan) November 11, 2020
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).